The recent storms blowing threw and dusting the Tetons has alot of folks asking this question. Even being ready for shorts and t shirts, most locals recognize the importance of gaining all the available precipitation as the snowpack was not great this winter. So to wrap it, here’s some end of the season pics we wanted to share- then I promise, the TAS Summer Adventure Days 2015 schedule will be out soon!
The most recent edition to the adaptive equipment resources is an ISKIBIKE. This ski bike is specifically designed and manufactured with the adaptive athlete in mind. It bridges the gap for stand up skiers with strength, balance, and coordination concerns and sit skiers who are struggling to become independent. It serves a variety of physical situations, has a relatively quick learning curve, and is alot of fun to ride. The bike currently resides at JHMR Adaptive, but is available for use at Grand Targhee as well.
The 1st TAS Apre Soiree was a great party and thanks to raffle ticket and silent auction purchasers, approximately $24,000 was raised for the TAS Kit Hughes Scholarship Fund. Nearly 200 people of all ages attended to support the effort. TAS thanks our Hosts, Hotel Terra, our generous donors and purchasers, DJ Simotaneous, and the individuals on the Soiree’ Committee that put many hours into planning and executing the event. We are already making plans for next years party – thanks to all!
Grand Prizes include: Custom Igneous Skis/ Snowboard, 10-Day Pass at JHMR, Full day lesson for 1-5 people at JHMSS, Arcteryx Jacket, Atomic Access Skis, Dinner for 2 at Calico ~ plus other prizes from retailers and restaurants who support adaptive sports.
.All proceeds go to TAS Winter Sports Scholarship Fund.
Need not be present to Win! Help our local adaptive skiers get on the hill
Join the event on Facebook: Teton Adaptive Sports Après Soirée
Order Tickets here: Eventbrite
TAS Apres Soiree Raffle Prizes:
- 10-Day Pass Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Custom Igneous Skis or Snowboard
- Atomic Access Skis from Hoback Sports
- Season Pass to Grand Targhee Resort
- Wine & LDS T-shirt from Liquor Down South
- Dinner for Two at Calico
- Dinner for Two at Mangy Moose
- Lunch for Two at the Spur Restaurant
- Pepi Steigler Sports Assortment
TAS Apres Soiree Silent Auction Items:
- 7-Night Stay at a Granite Ridge Homestead
- Full-day JHMSS Ski Lesson (1-5 People) worth $740
- Teton Yoga Shala Gift Card
- Arc’teryx Jacket from Denny, INK
- One-hour Private Yoga Instruction with Hannah Navarro Spangler
- Teton Pines Restaurant Gift Card
- Canyon Leather Purse
- Teeki Yoga Pants
- Two 5-Hour Backhoe Digs from Westy’s LLC worth $500 each
- Guide to the Tetons South by Tom Turiano
- $150 Gift Card to Jackson Hole Flower Company
- Dinner for Two at Wort Hotel
- One Night at Rendezvous Ski Tours Yurt
- One Tandem Paragliding Flight
- $400 Gift Card for Airfare and Lodging through Aspen Travel
- Teton Pass Poster by Diane Benefiel
- Nike Fitness Watch/GPS worth $199
- Abby Paffrath Framed Print
- Dinner for Two and Wine Pairing at Couloir
- Gift Card to Elevated Grounds Coffee
- Gift Card to Sudachi Restaurant
- Gift Card to Hatch Taqueria & Tequillas
- Backpack and Ski Poles from Lines Skis
- Hotronic Bootwarmer System
- Handmade Earrings by Ruth Rooks
- …and more coming soon!
The Cold Smoke Winter Film Tour is coming to Jackson Hole this Saturday, December 13 at the Pink Garter Theater. Doors open at 7pm and the show begins at 8pm. The tour is a collection of short exciting, inspiring films that define the winter mountain culture. Check out this trailer http://vimeo.com/8843089 There will be a raffle at this event with all proceeds going to Teton Adaptive Sports. Come out to see some great films and support TAS!
Thanks to some great early season snowstorms, both Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee Resorts are up and running, with all lifts operating. The Adaptive Ski Programs at both mountains offer lessons in all adaptive disciplines and have been rolling since opening day. For more information and to schedule lessons, contact Jason Malczyk at Jackson Hole Adaptive at 307-690-3554, firstname.lastname@example.org and at Grand Targhee contact Tara Sanders at 1-800-targhee, email@example.com. Don’t hesitate- the skiing is great!
Watershed Jackson will host it’s inaugural annual Gayla Fundraiser on November 22 at The Rose in Jackson WY. This first year, all proceeds will go to Teton Adaptive Sports. Watershed Jackson is a local organization founded by physical therapy professionals for the benefit of individuals with, and organizations serving those who have experienced traumatic brain injury(TBI) and/or spinal cord injury(SCI). Kevin Pearce, who suffered a traumatic brain injury while training for the 2010 Winter Olympics, will share his story of his ongoing rehabilitation. Several local athletes will be on hand to share their stories as well. Appetizers, drinks, and silent auction from 6-8pm, dinner, speakers, music and dancing from 8-11pm. Tickets are $120/person and are all inclusive. Tickets can be purchased at www.watershedjackson.org, at Peak Physical Therapy in Wilson, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are limited. Please come out to learn about the challenges of TBI and SCI and support the efforts of TAS to provide the valuable sports opportunities that aid in the process of recovery.