Teton Kids Adaptive Skiing Program 2019/2020
The Teton Kids program is celebrating its 15th year! For all of those years Teton County School District students with disabilities from Colter Elementary and Teton County Middle and High Schools have skied with TAS volunteers and JHMR staff at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) for six weeks of fun and learning. After skiing in the Teton Kids Program local kids are eligible to participate in Special Olympics Area games and State Championships.
We Shredded on these Dates in the 2019/2020 Ski Season:
- Elementary – Tuesdays: December. 10th, 17th, January 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th.
- Middle School – Wednesdays: December 11th, 18th, January 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th.
- High School – Thursdays: December 12th, 19th January 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th.
Teton Kids Population 2019/20
- Students (31) 38.8% 38.8%
- Volunteers (27) 33.8% 33.8%
- Teachers, Paraprofessionals, & Caregivers (16) 20% 20%
- JHMR Staff (4) 5% 5%
- TAS Board (1) 1.3% 1.3%
- TAS Staff (1) 1.3% 1.3%
People per Week
Days of Skiing
Hours per Week
“It is so rewarding to see the progression of the kids throughout the season, not only on skis but also in their confidence, coordination, emotional well being and spatial awareness. From the beginning of the season to the end is night and day. One student who was a first time skier and afraid to ride the gondola at the beginning of the season progressed to independently skiing, turning and stopping on skis, and overcame his fear of riding the gondola. He calls it the ‘spaceship’ and loves riding it and skiing now!”